Went back and forth over content with this entry. It varied in complexity. I even went so far as spending several hours reating a cybernetic skeletal hand (Terminator style) in Iclone, simply to prove something like that could be done in Iclone rather than Blender for example. You'll notice this in the inial WIP for the human character. In the end I didn't even use it as it would only draw focus from lip-sync which would have defeated the object. It was a nightmare to texture anyway, having made it up of about 60 individual cylinders! It was functional however!
I've seen others adding cyberneitc elements to characters but for me it was about staying within Iclone so I opted to use the manniquin by importing it as an accessory in CC3 and masking out what I didn't need. When done I transferred the skin weights and masked out the original arms. All seemed to work ok. I then textured them in Substance.
I moved on to do the head in Metahuman creator.
Moving on to the Alien; I completed this all within CC3 and it kind of evolved as I went along. The outfit was the body of a cyber suit I bought from the marketplace which I retextured in Substance.
Once I had my characters I moved over to UE4 and set up my scene. I used the Salts flats from the car creator project to keep the scene set up (I'd previously spent hours on a more elaborate scene but came to the same conclusion in respect to taking focus away from the lipsync). I mounted the Metahuman head to the CC3 body and bought in a futuristic pistol I had from another project. Once all set up I moved on to the lip sync.
The audio source came via Replica Studios. The new plug for Iclone 7 is a great addition and Replica are doing some solid work. After an initial run and test I went back to then do some clean up.
I am still having an issue with loss of quality of the vocal lipsync animation recording in Unreal. It looks fine over live link but after I record in the Take recorder I lose a bit of rht quality. I thought this might be an a config issue and I did find a setting which was limiting the take recording animations to 24fps but even after changing the finished imported animation was still not 100%.